Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- Twenty Percent: ISIS “Khums” Tax on Archaeological Loot Fuels the Conflicts in Syria and Iraq
- Boston MFA’s Provenance Research Reveals The Illicit Trade In African Antiquities
- SCOOP: Bowers Museum will return 500+ Thai antiquities seized during 2008 raids
- UPDATED > Singapore Sling: The Asian Civilizations Museum Paid Kapoor More Than $1 million
- UPDATED > Rebuilding Koh Ker: A 3D Reconstruction Restores Context to a Looted Khmer Temple
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @Brent_Huffman: Shared 6,200 times on @CNN ! "Ancient site #MesAynak needs saving not destroying" cnn.com/2012/09/22/opi… @SavingMesAynak… 21 hours ago
- RT @TheArtNewspaper: Mystery surrounds relic of British Empire due to be auctioned in Australia theartnewspaper.com/articles/Myste… 1 day ago
- We're here to help. @DrKillgrove: "What Makes a Good News Story and Why Can’t Archaeologists Make Them" feedly.com/e/ufVbqGLc 1 day ago
- RT @aldaily: EBay and art forgeries aldai.ly/1rYqVbJ 1 day ago
- RT @AllArchaeology: Myanmar bans hotel development around heritage sites bit.ly/1tncY9c 1 day ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Contact details
- Protected: Art of faking it | The Asian Age
- Protected: Christie’s sued over Australian fake – The Art Newspaper
- Protected: How One Man – E. Forbes Smiley III – Ripped Off Millions in Rare Maps, Including in Chicago – Gold Coast – DNAinfo.com Chicago
- Protected: Why eBay Is an Art Forger’s Paradise
- A Healthy Trade, A Black Market Temptation: Latest Figures Show U.S. Leadership in Art and Antiquities Exports and Imports
- Bagpipes Seizure by U.S. Customs May Spur Police Involvement in Ivory Ban Debate
- Assyria to Iberia Exhibition Highlights Legal and Public Policy Issues Surrounding Foreign Lending
- UPDATED > Calling Attention to the Destruction of Heritage in Iraq
- Another Due Diligence Lesson as Becchina Archives Produce U.S. Court Forfeiture of Antiquities from Italy
- The lure of antiquities in the New York Times and the trap of poor evidence in war zones
- Khums: an un-Islamic tax for an Islamic antiquities market?
- Using open-source data to identify participation in the illicit antiquities trade
- Metrics, altmetrics and back-handed compliments
- There is no evidence (yet) of the destruction of the Shrine of Sayeda Zeinab
- Listen to 'Art Crime with Arthur Tompkins: Portrait of Wally' on Radio New Zealand
- The Times Magazine: Alexi Mostrous writes about Julian Radcliffe and the Art Loss Register in "The murky world of the art detective"
- Elmyr de Hory: Mark Forgy, the forger's "personal assistant", speaks to Snap Judgment in "The Grand Illusion"
- Cultural Heritage Protection: The Ġgantija Temples, Xhagra, Malta (Gozo)
- FORTE CESARE: perso, dimenticato, e forse ritrovato?
- Is there a major antiquities collector out there willing to step up and fund these heroic efforts to save heritage?
- Stings, Seizures, Restitution: Are they cost-effective? And who should pay?
- Who's Using Drones to Monitor Archaeological Sites? Looters!
- Why Christie's Thinks It Can Find Buyers for Antiquities Lacking Pre-1970s Provenance
- US Military in Iraq Used Remote Sensors Near Archaeological Sites -- Unfortunately, Not to Monitor the Sites
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Spier & Gasparatto: The Getty Museum’s Dark-Horse Curatorial Appointments UPDATED
- Do You Know the Way to Cy Près? What’s Wrong with Judge Okun’s Corcoran Opinion
- Read It and Weep: Judge Okun Allows Corcoran/National Gallery/George Washington U. Merger THREE UPDATES
- Revived American Folk Art Museum: The Ingenuity of “Self-Taught Genius”
- CultureGrrl on Corcoran is “Notable & Quotable” in Wall Street Journal; More on National Gallery’s Role