BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @TulaneLawAbroad: Learn about cases such as this one in Siena this summer while studying the market in stolen and looted antiquities! ht… 4 hours ago
- Bravo! Next pls: VonBothmer @metmuseum: We are pleased to announce the opening of two archives met.org/18xclhe 8 hours ago
- Well deserved! @saveantiquities: Saving Antiquities for Everyone | Monica Hanna to receive 2014 SAFE Beacon Award: savingantiquities.org/2014-beacon-aw… 10 hours ago
- RT @jstpwalsh: @davidwjgill notes that @Sothebys hopes to sell a probable Giacomo Medici sculpture with a weak provenance http://t.co/YFWO… 10 hours ago
- The Australian: NGA bid to sue Kapoor over stolen art likely to fail fb.me/18JJ2G2NE 3 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Harvard Club Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics NYU Penn Law Penn Museum Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Art Museum Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Protected: Art sale plagued by forgery rumors | BusinessWorld Online
- Protected: Gardner Heist Update: Museum Got Threats After Theft, FBI Needs Public’s Help | WGBH News
- Protected: Unraveling Huge Thefts From Girolamini Library in Naples – NYTimes.com
- Protected: Christie’s taken to court over claims of Albert Tucker fake
- Protected: Rembrandt Forgery at Metropolitan Museum is the Daily Pic by Blake Gopnik – The Daily Beast
- NY Heritage Trafficking Conviction Provides a Model for Prosecutions and Investigations
- Korean Artifacts Seizure Prompts Question of Legal Authority
- New York's Highest Court Rejects The Right to Pillage
- No Money, No Vote: A Closer Look at the Strained Relationship Between the U.S. and UNESCO
- Chinese Artifacts Case: Florida U.S. Attorney Files Obstruction Charges
- "Victorian Art Theft in England: Early Cases and Sociology of the Crime Noah Charney and John Kleberg in the Fall 2013 issue of The Journal of Art Crime
- Gurlitt Art Collection: The Economist publishes letter from Judge Tompkins on "Hildebrand Gurlitt's secret"
- "The Crime That Pays? The Canadian Print Media's Construction of Art Fraud, 1978-2012" authored by Josh and Adie Nelson in the Fall 2013 issue of The Journal of Art Crime
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Theft: Boston's WGBH News' Emily Rooney reports Anne Hawley's first public comments about threats after the theft and interviews FBI Investigator Geoff Kelley about why suspect(s) not named and speculates about the paintings
- DIA evaluation of $2 billion includes only 'works bought directly with city funds' -- Detroit Free Press
- Once wars are over, shouldn’t the spoils of war be returned as an act of reconciliation?
- USA returns Mayan frieze to Guatemala, so why shouldn’t Britain return Parthenon Frieze to Greece?
- Cameron harangued online via Weibo by Chinese angry about looted artefacts in British Museum
- Acropolis Restoration architect Manolis Korres to receive Feltrinelli award
- James Beresford on the appropriateness of EU funding of the Acropolis Museum
- Trial-By-Ice: How’s the Kimbell’s New Piano Pavilion Doing after the Storm? UPDATED
- Settlement Sentiment: Judge Offers Ray of Hope for Detroit Institute; Christie’s Offers Dicey Art Appraisal
- Fundraising Fizzle? Derek Gillman Leaves the Barnes Foundation, Endowment Goal Unmet
- Christie’s Explains Its Contemporary Auction Triumph (with videos)
- Sotheby’s Senior Shake-Up: What Might Tobias Meyer’s Sudden Departure Mean?