- The Seated Buddha Goes Home: Nancy Wiener and National Gallery of Australia Will Return Sculpture to India
- The Kushan Buddhas: Nancy Wiener, Douglas Latchford and New Questions about Ancient Buddhas
- Danti’s Inference: The Known Unknowns Of ISIS and Antiquities Looting
- Hecht’s Footprints: Haverford College Opens Up About Source of Their Greek Vases
- Shiva Goes Home: Australia’s Prime Minister Returns Looted Kapoor Idols to India
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- The Guardian goes undercover in London's art market to find antiquities looted from Syria and Iraq fb.me/1NzAWsVfE 4 hours ago
- @DrDonnaYates @conflictantiq @ReisLeonhard @derekfincham ISIS is now in India??!! (just kidding.) 4 hours ago
- RT @CultureTraffic: Looted in Syria, sold in London: quotes by our researchers Neil Brodie & Christos Tsirogiannis theguardian.com/world/2015/jul… h… 4 hours ago
- RT @CultureTraffic: Museums & looted art: ethical dilemma Quotes from our friends @Terressa_Davis @ChasingAphrodit theguardian.com/culture/2015/j… h… 2 days ago
- Sam Hardy has done an important analysis of looting in Palmyra by the rebels, the Assad regime and the Islamic State fb.me/2hzQFYUDN 3 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Kwame Opoku – BRITISH MUSEUM “GUARDS” LOOTED SYRIAN OBJECT?
- Protected: insider theft – Prosecutors are expected to file charges against former Open Shutter Gallery manager Brandon Donahue in connection with a wide-ranging case of art theft
- Protected: insider theft – Theft of holy Quran bearing Aurangzeb seal: High Court quashes suspension of SPS Museum employees
- Protected: insider theft – Theft of $3 million in Dale Chihuly art goes unnoticed
- Protected: Police have arrested two curators of a new Cairo museum for allegedly stealing ancient artefacts and replacing them with replicas
- House Adopts The Foreign Cultural Exchange Jurisdictional Immunity Clarification Act
- House Passes Protect and Preserve International Cultural Property Act
- Culture Under Threat Conference in Cairo: Red Arch Raises Important Questions Posed by U.S. Imports of Art, Collectors' Pieces, and Antiques
- Cultural Property Protection Bill Reintroduced in the House
- The Assyrian Head Repatriation: Filling in the Details of ICE's Investigation
- Palmyra: looting under the rebels, the Assad regime and the Islamic State?
- How does destroying buildings save children? (It doesn’t.)
- Islamic State has destroyed Sheikh Mohammed Ali’s tomb, outside Palmyra, Syria
- Hostage to misfortune: blackmail by the Islamic State and failure by the international community
- Islamic State may be mining Palmyra to prevent Assad regime forces using it as a route of attack
- Further Information about Palermo's stolen Caravaggio Nativity painting
- Sicily, Palermo, Cicero, and a missing Caravaggio ...
- Islamic Manuscript Collections in Conflict Zones: Safeguarding Written Heritage, hosted by the University of Cambridge from 5 to 7 October 2015
- ARCA 2015 Interdisciplinary Art Crime Conference Schedule
- Noah Charney's book "The Art of Forgery" discussed on NPR's "Fresh Air" with Dave Davies
- Technological innovation to detect illegal logging -- why not something similar for archaeological sites?
- UNSCR 2199 (2015): How Useful is it?
- ISIL issuing official licenses authorizing organized looting of sites
- The Obama Administration: MIA on the Destruction of Syrian and Iraqi Heritage
- Sotheby's contributed $75K to support Syrian heritage protection efforts
- Crank It Up: Thomas Heatherwick’s Contrarian Contrivances at the Cooper Hewitt (with video)
- Hailing Harold Holzer: Retirement Bash Today for Metropolitan Museum’s Public Affairs VP UPDATED
- Cash-Cow Art Loans in Abu Dhabi: What “Commercial Interests” of British Museum Would Be Harmed by Disclosure?
- “Fragmented Exhibition Spaces”: Guggenheim Picks Architects for Helsinki
- Guggenheim Helsinki Competition Winner Announced Tomorrow (fly-through video tonight)