BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @lubar: Why do museums keep most of their collections out of sight? flip.it/ezg5p 7 hours ago
- RT @DamienHuffer: New blog post up at It Surfaced Down Under! First of a series re isotope geochemistry applied to cult prop questions http… 14 hours ago
- RT @papyrologyatman: Two minutes video: destroying mummy masks to retrieve papyri on Faces&Voices wp.me/p1XI1s-f7 http://t.co/pHk5tK… 15 hours ago
- NYT: Alexander the Great’s Legacy Stirred Up By Amphipolis Excavation fb.me/1O7d00l5A 1 day ago
- Pompeii to stage exhibition of objects returned by tourist looters fb.me/40H3SHiiR 2 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Opposition to MoU's: A Change in Policy for the Association of Art Museum Directors?
- U.N. Report: Destruction of Heritage Flagged as Risk Factor Related to Atrocity Crimes
- Back Again: A Bill Weakening the NHPA Has Been Proposed in the House
- Arts and Artifacts Indemnity Program for Museum Exhibitions: New Budget Law Sets Higher Limits
- Cultural Heritage Trafficking Requires Deterrence
- You, a white non-Arabic-speaking non-Muslim, do not want to sneak into Islamic State territory and produce an exposé…
- antiquities looted during unrest in Egypt are reaching public markets in the West
- Wouldn’t it be better for collectors and dealers to restrict themselves to the 145-year-old market in licensed antiquities from Cyprus?
- Activist agenda?
- Agenda? What? Retraction? How?
- Policeman, Antiquities Smuggler, Black Market Cigarette Bootlegger, Arms Trafficker, Terrorist: A Snapshot of the Many Faces of One, Greek, Organized Crime Cell
- Once Upon a Time in Five Secure Vaults in Switzerland
- Retired insurance executive Dorit Straus returns to teach "Insurance Claims and the Art Trade" in Amelia this summer
- Introducing ARCA Lecturer Dr. Tom Flynn — ‘The International Art Market and Associated Risk’
- Faculty and Course Schedule for the 2015 Postgraduate Certificate Program in Art Crime and Cultural Heritage Protection
- The Association of Art Museum Directors' Opposition to MOUs: Is it Justifiable, and What's the Alternative?
- Numbers that matter: the AAAS Report on Site Looting in Syria, and where we go from here
- Pick a Number, Any Number
- Scathing critique of UNESCO's ineffectual response to Syrian crisis
- Zahi Hawass and the theory of deterrence
- “Translucent Complementary Contrast”: Steven Holl’s Alluring Expansion of MFA, Houston (with video)
- KUAF Public Radio Gets Crystal Bridges Officials’ Response to Kevin Murphy’s CultureGrrl Lament
- George Washington University Offers Corcoran’s Fillmore Building for $14 Million (plus: preservationists’ challenge) CORRECTED
- Corcoran Collection Under Wraps: Long Wait Until “Legacy Gallery” Opens
- Statistical Shenanigans: AAMD Plays the Numbers on Admission Fees (so does Indianapolis Museum)