- Twenty Percent: ISIS “Khums” Tax on Archaeological Loot Fuels the Conflicts in Syria and Iraq
- Boston MFA’s Provenance Research Reveals The Illicit Trade In African Antiquities
- SCOOP: Bowers Museum will return 500+ Thai antiquities seized during 2008 raids
- UPDATED > Singapore Sling: The Asian Civilizations Museum Paid Kapoor More Than $1 million
- UPDATED > Rebuilding Koh Ker: A 3D Reconstruction Restores Context to a Looted Khmer Temple
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @DantiMdanti: First Weekly Report #ASOR Syrian Heritage Initiative asor-syrianheritage.org/summaries/ —#Syria #Heritage @ASOResearch http://t.co/mu… 22 minutes ago
- Meet one of India's Monuments Men, Dr. Kirit Mankodi fb.me/6FuJirKJD 38 minutes ago
- Loans, not Loot: Cambodia loans Khmer sculptures to National Gallery of Australia. fb.me/2AWWiKy9J 50 minutes ago
- Scholars in the West monitoring ISIS destruction of cultural heritage fear they're being watched. fb.me/3ZdQS8oV0 15 hours ago
- Egypt accuses Sadigh Gallery of New York of selling mostly fake Egyptian artifacts fb.me/6G6JrwHLb 1 day ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Protected: Chavez, Matisse, and the Heist That Shook the Americas | Miami New Times
- Protected: Jasper Johns’s Assistant James Meyer Pleads Guilty to Art Theft – WSJ
- Protected: Ten years in jail for US wine fraudster ‘not enough’ says Frenchman who uncovered him – Telegraph
- Protected: Greenwich art collector claims he was sold forgeries – GreenwichTime
- Protected: Art of faking it | The Asian Age
- A Healthy Trade, A Black Market Temptation: Latest Figures Show U.S. Leadership in Art and Antiquities Exports and Imports
- Bagpipes Seizure by U.S. Customs May Spur Police Involvement in Ivory Ban Debate
- Assyria to Iberia Exhibition Highlights Legal and Public Policy Issues Surrounding Foreign Lending
- UPDATED > Calling Attention to the Destruction of Heritage in Iraq
- Another Due Diligence Lesson as Becchina Archives Produce U.S. Court Forfeiture of Antiquities from Italy
- Militants have bombed the Shrine of Sufi Sheikh Taqi Baba, Mastung, Balochistan, Pakistan
- ‘We have not started a sectarian war’… but ‘we should have burned’ that mosque.
- Islamists and anti-government conspiracy theorists do exploit my work, but they’re not very good at it
- The Yezidi shrine of Shaqsebat in Babire (Iraq) appears to have been destroyed, but it is difficult to tell from the evidence
- You had me at ‘pretty much anything’
- Listen to 'Art Crime with Arthur Tompkins: Portrait of Wally' on Radio New Zealand
- The Times Magazine: Alexi Mostrous writes about Julian Radcliffe and the Art Loss Register in "The murky world of the art detective"
- Elmyr de Hory: Mark Forgy, the forger's "personal assistant", speaks to Snap Judgment in "The Grand Illusion"
- Cultural Heritage Protection: The Ġgantija Temples, Xhagra, Malta (Gozo)
- FORTE CESARE: perso, dimenticato, e forse ritrovato?
- Is there a major antiquities collector out there willing to step up and fund these heroic efforts to save heritage?
- Stings, Seizures, Restitution: Are they cost-effective? And who should pay?
- Who's Using Drones to Monitor Archaeological Sites? Looters!
- Why Christie's Thinks It Can Find Buyers for Antiquities Lacking Pre-1970s Provenance
- US Military in Iraq Used Remote Sensors Near Archaeological Sites -- Unfortunately, Not to Monitor the Sites
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Zaha Brouhaha: Hadid and the Conscience of Architects
- Plagiarism, Libel Suit, Blackballing: Bad-News Summer for Art-&-Architecture Journalism
- Spier & Gasparatto: The Getty Museum’s Dark-Horse Curatorial Appointments UPDATED
- Do You Know the Way to Cy Près? What’s Wrong with Judge Okun’s Corcoran Opinion
- Read It and Weep: Judge Okun Allows Corcoran/National Gallery/George Washington U. Merger THREE UPDATES