BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @derekfincham: We need to remember the exaggerated claims made after the Baghdad Museum looting, which though tragic, was not as grave a… 3 hours ago
- RT @ArtLawADR: ArtLaw Centre Geneva - Newsflash is out! paper.li/ArtLawADR/1313… Stories via @ChasingAphrodit @ARCA_artcrime @derekfincham 5 hours ago
- RT @DrDonnaYates: Australia Returns Precious Qing Dynasty Statue to China; seized at border after bought on eBay womenofchina.cn/womenofchina/h… htt… 9 hours ago
- RT @DamienHuffer: Come to Chicago on April 9th if you can to hear Brian Daniels speak on Syrian looting issues. 1st Past for Sale event at … 15 hours ago
- RT @poetryinstone: The larger questions on the oz Buddha @jasonfelch @michaelamarea @IndiaPrideProj @PMOIndia http://t.co/xJCtnlIRzm 16 hours ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Protected: 271 Picasso, Warhol, and Miró Fakes Seized in Yet Another Spanish Forgery Ring Bust – artnet News
- Protected: University of Texas professor visits OU to expose science myths – OUDaily.com: Campus
- Protected: Russian art historian on trial over forgery
- Protected: Spain nabs 9 alleged art forgers for selling fake works by Picasso, Warhol and Miro | Fox News Latino
- Kwame Opoku – WHO NEEDS AGAIN ANOTHER POLL ON THE PARTHENON MARBLES?
- Italy Asks for MoU Renewal to Protect Cultural Heritage
- Canadian Man Charged with Trafficking Dinosaur Fossils from China
- Cultural Heritage Events in Dallas and Philadelphia You Won't Want to Miss
- Combating Terror Funding: Cultural Heritage Trafficking in Syria and Iraq Targeted by Unanimously Adopted UN Security Council Resolution
- Federal Judge Denies ACCG's Motion to Reconsider
- Islamic State’s reportedly started to bulldoze Nimrud. If it hasn’t yet, it is ‘just a matter of time’.
- Unevidenced and seemingly (hopefully) impossible claim that IS burned alive those who refused to wreck Mosul museums
- State arms-for-antiquities trafficking between Turkey and Syria?
- Islamic State has toppled, sledgehammered and jackhammered (drilled out) artefacts in Mosul Museum and at Nineveh
- Suleyman Shah’s tomb exhumed, mausoleum pre-emptively destroyed, Syrian territory annexed by Turkey?
- Pompeii frescos found in garage in Southern California to be returned to Italy
- A Museum in Mosul That Needs a Break, Not Breaking
- Faculty and Course Schedule for the 2015 Postgraduate Certificate Program in Art Crime and Cultural Heritage Protection
- Provenance Research Training Program To Be Held in New York This Spring
- Dick Ellis returns to Amelia this summer to teach "Art Policing, Protection and Investigating" at ARCA's Postgraduate Program in Art Crime and Cultural Heritage Protection
- Now You Can Buy Your Very Own Bronze Age Bust from Syria, Direct to You!
- The Association of Art Museum Directors' Opposition to MOUs: Is it Justifiable, and What's the Alternative?
- Numbers that matter: the AAAS Report on Site Looting in Syria, and where we go from here
- Pick a Number, Any Number
- Scathing critique of UNESCO's ineffectual response to Syrian crisis
- Aboriginal activist gives lecture on return of Parthenon Marbles
- The British East India company – putting looting into the lexicon
- British Museum returns artefacts to their country of origin – temporarily
- Parthenon Marbles legal fees may be paid by wealthy individual
- Bronze Statuette returned to Oliveriano Archaeological museum
- Sotheby’s Annual Report: Doubled Cap on Guarantees; Reduced Profits Attributable to Investor Activism
- ISIS Crisis: Archaeologist Pedro Azara, UNESCO, AAMD & AIA on the Mosul Museum Attack UPDATED
- Metropolitan Museum Decries “Catastrophic Destruction” of Mosul Museum’s Collection
- “Crucifixion” Conservation: Cleveland Museum’s Time-Ravaged Caravaggio (with video)
- From “Griddle Griswold” to “Twister Griswold”: New Outreach by Cleveland Museum’s Playful Director (with video)