BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- Sleeping Beauty and two dozen other looted artifacts seized in US are back in Italy fb.me/7mQr4mluR 1 day ago
- India Looks To Create 'Open Market' For Antiquities; Critics Say It Will Encourage Looting fb.me/7layri1YF 1 day ago
- China arrests 175 in bust of antiquities looting network that used feng shui to find tombs fb.me/4lS0YdSrH 1 day ago
- RT @PSchwartzstein: "Know your place," Erdogan tells NYT after scathing editorial. Surely that place is to report on turn to autocracy? htt… 2 days ago
- RT @Motyainfo: Sicilia archeologica, nuovo libro di Sebastiano Tusa fb.me/4l56VR4Nc 2 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Protected: Fake art on the rise and hard to spot, say experts
- Kwame Opoku – THEY ARE SELLING RECORDS OF AFRICAN HISTORY: WHO CARES?
- Protected: ‘Fake’ pop art sold at top Nordic auction house
- Protected: Art Forger (Wolfgang Beltracchi) freed and making millions
- Protected: German Art Dealer Busted Trying to Sell Fake Giacometti Sculpture
- Culture Under Threat Conference in Cairo: Red Arch Raises Important Questions Posed by U.S. Imports of Art, Collectors' Pieces, and Antiques
- Cultural Property Protection Bill Reintroduced in the House
- The Assyrian Head Repatriation: Filling in the Details of ICE's Investigation
- Cultural Property Crime on the U.N. Agenda: Upcoming Crime Conference Set to Tackle Heritage Trafficking
- Kapoor Idol Trafficking Conspirator Sentenced
- OA, no way
- Antiquities collectors must be mindful of potential complicity in human rights abuses
- Interpol did not claim that Islamic State made $100m-a-year from conflict antiquities
- ‘Anyone caught carrying a map or book using those names’ may be fined or imprisoned
- Allegedly according to Interpol, “Islamic State pockets $100 million yearly from heritage booty [conflict antiquities]”!?
- Associated Press: Rome ceremony welcomes return of looted art recovered from museums and auction houses in the United States
- Ex-Art: a review of the Salvage Art Institute’s "No Longer Art" exhibit
- Art Restitution: Van Dyck’s Triple Portrait of King Charles I stolen from Castle Kronberg during World War II by American servicemen to be returned to Frankfurt
- ARCA's Annual 2015 Interdisciplinary Art Crime Conference in Italy - Confirmed Speakers Announcement
- (Sub)Urban Cultural Heritage Protection: Park Forest House Museum in Illinois -- why you should support your local museums
- Sotheby's contributed $75K to support Syrian heritage protection efforts
- Killed ISIS leader had a trove of antiquities in his compound
- "Is it time to rethink our ideas about preserving world heritage?"
- Post-disaster response: Is priests spontaneously deciding to sleep in the ruins to stop temple looters the best we can do?
- If a reporter can go undercover and reveal a smuggling network, why aren't the police and UNESCO doing so?
- “Breaking the Brand”: Malcolm Rogers Reflects on Successful, Controversial Directorship at Museum of Fine Arts Boston (with video)
- Parsing Pasternak: What Were the Brooklyn Museum’s Trustees Thinking?
- Pro Bono Ono: Yoko Sees Her MoMA Show as Encouragement for Those Long Overlooked (with video)
- Whither the Whitney? Outtakes from My Tour of the New Whitney with Donna De Salvo and Carter Foster
- Give Yoko Ono a Chance: Pioneering Conceptual Artist Belatedly Gets Her MoMA Show