- Shiva Goes Home: Australia’s Prime Minister Returns Looted Kapoor Idols to India
- Twenty Percent: ISIS “Khums” Tax on Archaeological Loot Fuels the Conflicts in Syria and Iraq
- Boston MFA’s Provenance Research Reveals The Illicit Trade In African Antiquities
- SCOOP: Bowers Museum will return 500+ Thai antiquities seized during 2008 raids
- UPDATED > Singapore Sling: The Asian Civilizations Museum Paid Kapoor More Than $1 million
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @poetryinstone: ACM Singapore - Please return the UMA to India poetryinstone.in/lang/en/2014/0… @IndiaPrideProj @ChasingAphrodit @narendramodi htt… 10 hours ago
- Egypty tries to prevent auction of 2,300-year-old coffin lid that has been in UK since at least 1977 fb.me/6NhOgnyTh 2 days ago
- RT @HHShkMohd: We approved a law regulating the registration, preservation, exploration and restoration of national antiquities. 2 days ago
- A cool video review of the excavations at Amphipolis, where the wife or mother of Alexander the Great may have... fb.me/2pQQSAe73 2 days ago
- Excited to be part of this SAA 2015 panel, "Investigating the trafficking of cultural objects," where I'll... fb.me/3kxHnHQdm 2 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Protected: Caveat Collector
- Kwame Opoku – CAN ITALIAN MARITIME MUSEUM HELP REPATRIATE LOOTED CAMEROONIAN ARTEFACTS
- Protected: ‘Beltracchi: The Art of Forgery’ (‘Beltracchi: Die Kunst der Falschung’): Montreal Review – The Hollywood Reporter
- Protected: Chavez, Matisse, and the Heist That Shook the Americas | Miami New Times
- Protected: Jasper Johns’s Assistant James Meyer Pleads Guilty to Art Theft – WSJ
- CPAC to Hold Hearing on El Salvador's MoU Extension Request
- Allegations of False Declarations and Altered Trade Papers: Forfeiture Complaint Says $250,000 Dinosaur Skull Isn't from France and Isn't a Cheap Replica
- A Healthy Trade, A Black Market Temptation: Latest Figures Show U.S. Leadership in Art and Antiquities Exports and Imports
- Bagpipes Seizure by U.S. Customs May Spur Police Involvement in Ivory Ban Debate
- Assyria to Iberia Exhibition Highlights Legal and Public Policy Issues Surrounding Foreign Lending
- There is not yet any evidence that the Islamic State has destroyed Sufi shrines in Deir Ezzor, Syria, September 2014
- Maiduguri city is ‘completely surrounded’ and at risk of ‘total annihilation’ by Boko Haram
- Taliban have wrecked museums in Ghazni, but Afghans will rebuild, again
- Correction of a false lead: there is still no evidence that the Shrine of Baba Yadgar (Tel Leben, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed, but the story is very different
- There is no evidence that the Shrine of Baba Yadgar (in Iraq) has been destroyed
- Next Provenance Research Training Program workshop to be held December 8-12, 2014 in Rome
- Canada's Largest Art Theft: The 42nd anniversary of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Miami New Times' Michael E. Miller reports FBI delayed return of Stolen Matisse to Venezuela over 'hole in its history'
- Listen to 'Art Crime with Arthur Tompkins: Portrait of Wally' on Radio New Zealand
- The Times Magazine: Alexi Mostrous writes about Julian Radcliffe and the Art Loss Register in "The murky world of the art detective"
- New Report from Abdulamir Hamdani on the Situation in Iraq
- Egypt to Develop "high-tech" museum and site monitoring system
- Is there a major antiquities collector out there willing to step up and fund these heroic efforts to save heritage?
- Stings, Seizures, Restitution: Are they cost-effective? And who should pay?
- Who's Using Drones to Monitor Archaeological Sites? Looters!
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Art of 9/11: Remnants, Models, Memorial Tributes UPDATED
- Capital Choice: Jessica Morgan Named to Direct Dia Art Foundation
- Brooklyn Museum in Transition: The Arnold Lehman Years
- “Bridgegate” Anniversary (with video): Fort Lee Mayor’s Candid Account of What Happened (plus latest on LG flap) UPDATED
- Hear Me Now: My WNYC Riff on Monika Sosnowska’s Mies Riff (with video)