- The Seated Buddha Goes Home: Nancy Wiener and National Gallery of Australia Will Return Sculpture to India
- The Kushan Buddhas: Nancy Wiener, Douglas Latchford and New Questions about Ancient Buddhas
- Danti’s Inference: The Known Unknowns Of ISIS and Antiquities Looting
- Hecht’s Footprints: Haverford College Opens Up About Source of Their Greek Vases
- Shiva Goes Home: Australia’s Prime Minister Returns Looted Kapoor Idols to India
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- RT @PSchwartzstein: "Know your place," Erdogan tells NYT after scathing editorial. Surely that place is to report on turn to autocracy? htt… 8 hours ago
- RT @Motyainfo: Sicilia archeologica, nuovo libro di Sebastiano Tusa fb.me/4l56VR4Nc 8 hours ago
- RT @alfanor48: @robertore62 @RaiNews ..come i Grifoni di Ascoli Satriano ora all'EXPO @PoloMusealeAS http://t.co/Vnb2hgRAEZ 8 hours ago
- India plans to combat looting by creating an open market for antiquities within the country fb.me/weSCnwXJ 13 hours ago
- RT @HeritageAtState: MT @INTERPOL_HQ >1,300 items taken from Deir Atiyah Museum & other sites in #Syria being added to #INTERPOL stolen wor… 15 hours ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Denver Art Museum Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement Italy J. Paul Getty J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker KQED lee rosenbaum Loot looted antiquities looting Malcolm Bell Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museum museums National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Protected: Fake art on the rise and hard to spot, say experts
- Kwame Opoku – THEY ARE SELLING RECORDS OF AFRICAN HISTORY: WHO CARES?
- Protected: ‘Fake’ pop art sold at top Nordic auction house
- Protected: Art Forger (Wolfgang Beltracchi) freed and making millions
- Protected: German Art Dealer Busted Trying to Sell Fake Giacometti Sculpture
- Culture Under Threat Conference in Cairo: Red Arch Raises Important Questions Posed by U.S. Imports of Art, Collectors' Pieces, and Antiques
- Cultural Property Protection Bill Reintroduced in the House
- The Assyrian Head Repatriation: Filling in the Details of ICE's Investigation
- Cultural Property Crime on the U.N. Agenda: Upcoming Crime Conference Set to Tackle Heritage Trafficking
- Kapoor Idol Trafficking Conspirator Sentenced
- OA, no way
- Antiquities collectors must be mindful of potential complicity in human rights abuses
- Interpol did not claim that Islamic State made $100m-a-year from conflict antiquities
- ‘Anyone caught carrying a map or book using those names’ may be fined or imprisoned
- Allegedly according to Interpol, “Islamic State pockets $100 million yearly from heritage booty [conflict antiquities]”!?
- Ex-Art: a review of the Salvage Art Institute’s "No Longer Art" exhibit
- Art Restitution: Van Dyck’s Triple Portrait of King Charles I stolen from Castle Kronberg during World War II by American servicemen to be returned to Frankfurt
- ARCA's Annual 2015 Interdisciplinary Art Crime Conference in Italy - Confirmed Speakers Announcement
- (Sub)Urban Cultural Heritage Protection: Park Forest House Museum in Illinois -- why you should support your local museums
- Gaziantep, Land of Antiquities and a Whole Lot More
- Killed ISIS leader had a trove of antiquities in his compound
- "Is it time to rethink our ideas about preserving world heritage?"
- Post-disaster response: Is priests spontaneously deciding to sleep in the ruins to stop temple looters the best we can do?
- If a reporter can go undercover and reveal a smuggling network, why aren't the police and UNESCO doing so?
- Art Loss Register at work
- “Breaking the Brand”: Malcolm Rogers Reflects on Successful, Controversial Directorship at Museum of Fine Arts Boston (with video)
- Parsing Pasternak: What Were the Brooklyn Museum’s Trustees Thinking?
- Pro Bono Ono: Yoko Sees Her MoMA Show as Encouragement for Those Long Overlooked (with video)
- Whither the Whitney? Outtakes from My Tour of the New Whitney with Donna De Salvo and Carter Foster
- Give Yoko Ono a Chance: Pioneering Conceptual Artist Belatedly Gets Her MoMA Show