- UPDATED > USA vs One Ancient Mosaic: A Looted Syrian Masterpiece in Los Angeles May 26, 2018
- The Sidon Bull’s Head: Court Record Documents a Journey Through the Illicit Antiquities Trade September 24, 2017
- Hobby Lobby’s Legal Expert Speaks: “I can’t rule out…they used my advice to evade the law.” July 10, 2017
- UPDATED > Help Wanted: We’re Tracking Down Objects Sold By Nancy and Doris Wiener January 5, 2017
- UPDATED > Manhattan Dealer Nancy Wiener Arrested: Criminal Complaint Alleges Sweeping Conspiracy to Sell Stolen Asian Art Through Major Auction Houses December 21, 2016
- UPDATED > Inside the ISIS Looting Operation: U.S. Lawsuit Reveals Terror Group’s Brutal Bureaucracy of Plunder December 15, 2016
- The End of the Beginning: NGA Returns Kushan Buddha and Two Kapoor Objects September 18, 2016
- The Missing Link: Subhash Kapoor’s Suppliers in India Are (Finally) Getting Rolled Up July 3, 2016
- The Lessons of Palmyra: Iconoclasm in the era of Clickbait April 7, 2016
- UPDATED > Asia Week Arrest: Japanese Dealer Convicted Of Selling Stolen Art March 19, 2016
- Asia Week Raids: New Details on the Christie’s Seizures March 18, 2016
- Busted: Asia Week Raids Reveal Scope of Illicit Trade in Asian Art March 17, 2016
- The Crennan Report: The NGA’s Ex Post Facto Due Diligence Finds 22 “Questionable” Asian Antiquities February 17, 2016
- Operation Antiquity: Prison for Antiquities Dealer Behind Looting and Tax Fraud Scheme December 15, 2015
- Ball State’s Kapoor Return Reveals New False Provenance November 17, 2015
- The Seated Buddha Goes Home: Nancy Wiener and National Gallery of Australia Will Return Sculpture to India March 5, 2015
- The Kushan Buddhas: Nancy Wiener, Douglas Latchford and New Questions about Ancient Buddhas February 1, 2015
- Danti’s Inference: The Known Unknowns Of ISIS and Antiquities Looting November 18, 2014
- Hecht’s Footprints: Haverford College Opens Up About Source of Their Greek Vases November 4, 2014
- Shiva Goes Home: Australia’s Prime Minister Returns Looted Kapoor Idols to India September 4, 2014
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- India’s hunt for idols stolen from temples has, over the last few months, turned into a bitter clash between two ar… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @poetryinstone: Please RT n help us secure better resolution photos of the Surya head stolen from the Umri sun temple in MP prior to th… 6 hours ago
- The culture is moving... twitter.com/aaprocter/stat… 1 day ago
- Big bust in Algeria twitter.com/dremilinesmith… 1 day ago
- The Great Chinese Art Heist: the greatest works of Chinese art keep getting brazenly stolen from museums around the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- The must read account of the Kapoor case by my friend @poetryinstone twitter.com/parthpmehrotra… 2 days ago
- RT @prof_ecampbell: Watch this case! #lootedart #stolenart #restitution twitter.com/UofDenver_ACE/… 3 days ago
- RT @TheMediaLine: India’s Looted Past & Terrorism Funding has been published on - themedialine.org/featured/india… https://t.co/fCLkcOlMtb 3 days ago
- RT @xujnx: A catalogue of the Longmen cave temple with a special feature showing you what two Buddhist statues look like before and after t… 3 days ago
- RT @AnthroPaulicy: Egypt getting back another illicit artifact that had been taken to Switzerland - a common transit point due to their fre… 3 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past Asian Civilizations Museum book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Christies Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement India Italy J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker Loot looted antiquities looting Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museums Nancy Wiener National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Selina Mohamed Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Vijay Kumar Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- Online auction sites such as eBay boosting fake art sales, warn Fiona Bruce and Philip Mould
- Benin’s Looted Bronzes Are All Over the Western World. Here Are 7 Museums That Hold Over 2000 of the Famed Sculptures
- Kwame Opoku – LOOTED ASANTE (GHANA) GOLD IN WALLACE COLLECTION, LONDON: RETURN STOLEN ITEMS TO MANHYIA PALACE, KUMASI.
- Kwame Opoku – LOOTED ETHIOPIAN TABOT CONCEALED PERMANENTLY IN WESTMINSTER ABBEY, LONDON. IS THERE SOMEWHERE A MINIMUM SENSE OF SHAME?
- Prison sentences and million-euro-damages for art forgery gang
- Preemptive Rulings Sought in Moon Dust and Bronze Horse Cases
- Importer Restored Ancient Mosaic. FBI Seized It. Now U.S. Attorney Seeks Forfeiture.
- Proposed Bill Enlists Art & Antiquities Dealers in the Fight Against Money Laundering
- New European AML/CTF Legislation Includes Art Dealers and Flags Cultural Artifacts Transactions
- Cultural Property Groups Weigh In on China MoU (including how to watch the May 2, 2018 CPAC hearing live)
- Helsinki Gang and Prof Karl Singing from the Same Copybook
- Defending Not Doing Anything About the Scale and Intensity of Collection Driven Exploitation of the Archaeological Resource in Britain; Why?
- Public Knowledge Theft accusation by UK Professor: 'My Detectorist Mates Report Lots of Stuff, it's The PAS that is Hiding the Information'
- antiquities trafficking in the digital age
- methods for analysing the relationship between antiquities looting and armed conflict and unmasking the sale of illicit antiquities on the dark web
- metal detecting for cultural objects until ‘there is nothing left’: the potential and limits of digital data, netnographic data and market data for analysis
- a very preliminary review of destruction, trafficking and politics of heritage in social media of Russian trolls
- technical updates to legal threats by convicted criminals (and family members) against expert witnesses in antiquities cases
- Repatriation: The Case of the Stolen TEFAF Buddha
- Sicilian judges reject appeal made by William Veres
- Repatriation: The Metropolitan Museum of Art to Return Sculptures to India
- Decision from the Greek Court on the Schinoussa and Psychiko seizure case
- Sad Conclusion: The case is von Saher v Norton Simon Museum of Art at Pasadena et al, 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 16-58308.
- Against "Displacement": A Thought about Hilgert's "Culture Matters"
- 100 antiquities police officers needed, 7 on the books
- A due diligence checklist -- the starting point for a calibrated taxing system for antiquities or for a registration system
- A possible second-best solution for orphaned antiquities?
- U.S. Senators are pushing for Native American Artifact legislation -- but will it do any good?
- Talk in Brussels on Giovanni Battista Lusieri, Elgin’s agent in Athens - The inaugural lecture organised the Belgian Committee for the Reunification of the Parthenon Sculptures
- Could Brexit present an opportunity to return the Parthenon Marbles? - Britain has the perfect opportunity to do the right thing and resolve differences in the coming months
- The continuing campaign for the reunification of the Parthenon Marbles - Recent efforts by the IARPS in the fight for restitution
- TourismA 2017 in Florence - Parthenon Marbles round table discussion to form part of cultural tourism conference
- New finds from wreck of Elgin’s ship off Kythera - Lecture at Kings College London by Dimitris Kourkoumelis
- Remember the Members: Parsing Max Hollein’s Letter to Metropolitan Museum’s Most Devoted Fans
- Profit Flop at Sotheby’s: Auction Houses’ Self-Defeating Assumption of Consignors’ Risk (UPDATED)
- Grousing about Klaus: Is Biesenbach Right for MOCA?
- Jewish Simcha: Acquisition of Early, Rare Hebrew Bible Celebrated by the Getty
- New Slick Frick: Improved Circulation, Bigger Gallery Space, More Concert Seats (Banished Library Books)