- UPDATED > USA vs One Ancient Mosaic: A Looted Syrian Masterpiece in Los Angeles May 26, 2018
- The Sidon Bull’s Head: Court Record Documents a Journey Through the Illicit Antiquities Trade September 24, 2017
- Hobby Lobby’s Legal Expert Speaks: “I can’t rule out…they used my advice to evade the law.” July 10, 2017
- UPDATED > Help Wanted: We’re Tracking Down Objects Sold By Nancy and Doris Wiener January 5, 2017
- UPDATED > Manhattan Dealer Nancy Wiener Arrested: Criminal Complaint Alleges Sweeping Conspiracy to Sell Stolen Asian Art Through Major Auction Houses December 21, 2016
- UPDATED > Inside the ISIS Looting Operation: U.S. Lawsuit Reveals Terror Group’s Brutal Bureaucracy of Plunder December 15, 2016
- The End of the Beginning: NGA Returns Kushan Buddha and Two Kapoor Objects September 18, 2016
- The Missing Link: Subhash Kapoor’s Suppliers in India Are (Finally) Getting Rolled Up July 3, 2016
- The Lessons of Palmyra: Iconoclasm in the era of Clickbait April 7, 2016
- UPDATED > Asia Week Arrest: Japanese Dealer Convicted Of Selling Stolen Art March 19, 2016
- Asia Week Raids: New Details on the Christie’s Seizures March 18, 2016
- Busted: Asia Week Raids Reveal Scope of Illicit Trade in Asian Art March 17, 2016
- The Crennan Report: The NGA’s Ex Post Facto Due Diligence Finds 22 “Questionable” Asian Antiquities February 17, 2016
- Operation Antiquity: Prison for Antiquities Dealer Behind Looting and Tax Fraud Scheme December 15, 2015
- Ball State’s Kapoor Return Reveals New False Provenance November 17, 2015
- The Seated Buddha Goes Home: Nancy Wiener and National Gallery of Australia Will Return Sculpture to India March 5, 2015
- The Kushan Buddhas: Nancy Wiener, Douglas Latchford and New Questions about Ancient Buddhas February 1, 2015
- Danti’s Inference: The Known Unknowns Of ISIS and Antiquities Looting November 18, 2014
- Hecht’s Footprints: Haverford College Opens Up About Source of Their Greek Vases November 4, 2014
- Shiva Goes Home: Australia’s Prime Minister Returns Looted Kapoor Idols to India September 4, 2014
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- WSJ: The Treasury Department will issue new rules detailing anti-money-laundering requirements for antiquities deal… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @umichmsp: "A Cabinet of Curiosity: The Repatriation, Restitution, and Ownership of Egyptian Antiquities" explores antiquities in severa… 6 hours ago
- RT @TheEllisSchool: Kate Schuler-WALSH '08 always knew she wanted an internationally-focused career. Now she lives in the Big Apple and wor… 7 hours ago
- RT @artrecovery: Lebanon Returns Two Stolen 18th-Century Icons to Greece courthousenews.com/lebanon-return… https://t.co/mceUlu9Cx3 1 day ago
- Look forward to reading this one... twitter.com/J_E_Barr/statu… 2 days ago
- Problems of Provenance: Gilgamesh Dream Tablet “While there is considerable risk of fakes or forgeries, by far the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- As a non academic who has made similar arguments about public engagement before, this strikes me one of the structu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Ojo >> twitter.com/peterbcampbell… 3 days ago
- RT @BlueShield_Int: Today we share the very sad news that Nancy Wilkie died yesterday. She was one of the founders of the USA’s national c… 3 days ago
- RT @CombatLooting: THIS JUST IN: Big news! Turkey is the newest nation to have a bilateral agreement with the United States. https://t.co/k… 3 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past Asian Civilizations Museum book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Christies Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement India Italy J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker Loot looted antiquities looting Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museums Nancy Wiener National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Selina Mohamed Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Vijay Kumar Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Thai Cultural Property Case Edges Closer to Settlement
- Antiquities Trafficking Bathed in Sunshine: Disclosures of Shell Company Owners and Suspicious Financial Transactions May Be on the Horizon if the NDAA Becomes Law
- OFAC Puts High-Value Art Market Participants on Notice
- Brooklyn Man Indicted for Egyptian Artifact Smuggling. Did COVID-19 Impact Grand Jury Selection?
- Cultural Property Lawyers Take Note: ABA Ethics Opinion Warns About Criminal Clients
- “This is all published information and anyone who googles it can find it.” Christos Tsirogiannis, monitoring the trade in illicit antiquities.
- Private ‘rescue’-by-purchase of stolen cultural goods: The material and social consequences and the complicity of Europe and North America
- trafficking of forgeries by forced migrants and forced migrants as false provenances for forgeries
- Turkey’s Gendarmerie caught a Covid-19-infected, health emergency worker-impersonating antiquities trafficker
- the international conference on Handling of Cultural Goods and Financing of Political Violence, at the Norwegian Institute in Rome, has been postponed
- A striking blow to the prosecution for embezzlement of volumes stolen from the Biblioteca dei Girolamini in Naples.
- Restitution: Belgian authorities hand over a 1st century BCE Roman statue stolen from Rome in 2011
- Recovery: "Salvator Mundi", stolen from the Basilica of San Domenico Maggiore, is recovered by Italy's Polizia di Stato
- New Zealand Police want help in finding the owners of recovered stolen artworks
- Israel's Antiquities Authority's Robbery Prevention Unit take three people into custody for questioning on suspicion of dealing in illicit antiquities.
- Against "Displacement": A Thought about Hilgert's "Culture Matters"
- 100 antiquities police officers needed, 7 on the books
- A due diligence checklist -- the starting point for a calibrated taxing system for antiquities or for a registration system
- A possible second-best solution for orphaned antiquities?
- U.S. Senators are pushing for Native American Artifact legislation -- but will it do any good?
- Ominous Juxtaposition? Biden Flanked by Duncanson’s “Rainbow” & Statue of a Murdered President
- Capitol Offense: Metropolitan Museum Blasts “Domestic Terrorism” by “Treasonous Rioters”
- The Architect of the Capitol Assesses the Damage: Our Nation’s Art & Architecture (if we can keep it)
- The Year in CultureGrrl, 2020 Edition: It’s not over until the Deaccession Diva sings
- New York Chauvinism? “Groundbreaking” Show at the Whitney Builds on Dartmouth College’s Lead