- UPDATED > USA vs One Ancient Mosaic: A Looted Syrian Masterpiece in Los Angeles May 26, 2018
- The Sidon Bull’s Head: Court Record Documents a Journey Through the Illicit Antiquities Trade September 24, 2017
- Hobby Lobby’s Legal Expert Speaks: “I can’t rule out…they used my advice to evade the law.” July 10, 2017
- UPDATED > Help Wanted: We’re Tracking Down Objects Sold By Nancy and Doris Wiener January 5, 2017
- UPDATED > Manhattan Dealer Nancy Wiener Arrested: Criminal Complaint Alleges Sweeping Conspiracy to Sell Stolen Asian Art Through Major Auction Houses December 21, 2016
- UPDATED > Inside the ISIS Looting Operation: U.S. Lawsuit Reveals Terror Group’s Brutal Bureaucracy of Plunder December 15, 2016
- The End of the Beginning: NGA Returns Kushan Buddha and Two Kapoor Objects September 18, 2016
- The Missing Link: Subhash Kapoor’s Suppliers in India Are (Finally) Getting Rolled Up July 3, 2016
- The Lessons of Palmyra: Iconoclasm in the era of Clickbait April 7, 2016
- UPDATED > Asia Week Arrest: Japanese Dealer Convicted Of Selling Stolen Art March 19, 2016
- Asia Week Raids: New Details on the Christie’s Seizures March 18, 2016
- Busted: Asia Week Raids Reveal Scope of Illicit Trade in Asian Art March 17, 2016
- The Crennan Report: The NGA’s Ex Post Facto Due Diligence Finds 22 “Questionable” Asian Antiquities February 17, 2016
- Operation Antiquity: Prison for Antiquities Dealer Behind Looting and Tax Fraud Scheme December 15, 2015
- Ball State’s Kapoor Return Reveals New False Provenance November 17, 2015
- The Seated Buddha Goes Home: Nancy Wiener and National Gallery of Australia Will Return Sculpture to India March 5, 2015
- The Kushan Buddhas: Nancy Wiener, Douglas Latchford and New Questions about Ancient Buddhas February 1, 2015
- Danti’s Inference: The Known Unknowns Of ISIS and Antiquities Looting November 18, 2014
- Hecht’s Footprints: Haverford College Opens Up About Source of Their Greek Vases November 4, 2014
- Shiva Goes Home: Australia’s Prime Minister Returns Looted Kapoor Idols to India September 4, 2014
BUY THE BOOK
Search the website:
- @PortantIssues Yeah fair point, that quote was in reference to the broader war effort not this case. 16 hours ago
- More coverage: “Russia is not only trying to kill our state and our nation. It is also trying to steal our history,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- RT @poetryinstone: We did it again in Paris #BringOurGodsHome The beautiful Buddhist Goddess Kurukulla stolen from Bihar has been restitu… 1 day ago
- Thousands of artifacts have been found in the Kyiv office of former Ukrainian MP Valery Horbatov, who headed the Co… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- The treasure hunter “became convinced that the FBI removed nine tons of gold from Dents Run after they left on the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- The Humboldt Forum, a sprawling new complex of ethnology and anthropology museums in Berlin, is expected to return… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Five Indigenous tribes have entered a historic agreement with the US federal government to collaboratively manage t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @ARCA_artcrime: Midwestern man and others were charged for illegally excavating Indigenous artifacts in densely concentrated archaeologi… 3 days ago
- RT @TimLeBerre: Cultural Property in the Modern Battle Space - Georgetown Journal of International Affairs gjia.georgetown.edu/2022/05/23/cul… 3 days ago
- Iraq has thwarted alleged attempts to smuggle antiquities and rare manuscripts in three provinces, including Baghda… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
What we’re talking aboutAAMD American Numismatic Society antiquities Aphrodite archaeology Arnold-Peter Weiss art crime Arthur Houghton Art of the Past Asian Civilizations Museum book review Cambodia Chasing Aphrodite Christies Cleveland Museum Dallas Museum of Art David Gill Dietrich von Bothmer Douglas Latchford Edoardo Almagià Elie Borowski Events FBI Gary Vikan Getty Museum Getty Villa Giacomo Medici Gianfranco Becchina Hugh Eakin illicit antiquities Immigration and Customs Enforcement India Italy J. Paul Getty Museum J. Paul Getty Trust James Cuno james grimaldi Jane Levine Jim Cuno Jiri Frel Khmer Kimbell Art Museum Koh Ker Loot looted antiquities looting Marion True Metropolitan Museum of Art Michaela Boland Michael Padgett museums Nancy Wiener National Gallery of Australia New York Review of Books Nomos AG Norton Simon Museum numismatics Princeton University repatriation Robert Hecht Robin Symes Ron Radford SAFE scandal Selina Mohamed Sicily Sotheby's Subhash Kapoor Tamil Nadu The Art Newspaper Timothy Potts Turkey Vijay Kumar Walters Museum of Art WikiLoot
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Cultural Property Lawyers Must Remain Alert to Antiquities Trafficking and Money Laundering
- 7 Questions You Have About the Manhattan DA’s Agreement with "A New York Antiquities Collector"
- Cultural Property Stakeholders Clash Over AML/CFT Regs for Antiquities Dealers
- New Law Aims to Protect Lunar Artifacts
- Thai Cultural Property Case Edges Closer to Settlement
- Smash and Smash at the Dallas Museum of Art
- Elizabeth Marlowe’s Review of ‘The Brutish Museum’
- The Terrific Pandora Papers Looted Art Article
- Italian Senate renews call for return of the ‘Bronze Statue of a Victorious Youth’
- Psychics, Bowie knives, fake Alamo artifacts: New Book out today on how Texas can’t shake the Alamo
- Russia’s destruction of Ukraine’s cultural property is proof of its intent to commit genocide.
- Russia is subjecting cultural heritage workers and other civilians to the war crime of forced military labour.
- There is a market in Belarus for cultural property that has been stolen from Ukraine, pillaged by Russia’s soldiers and mercenaries.
- open-source evidence of damage to and destruction of cultural heritage, natural heritage and other civilian objects through Russia’s war in and occupation of Ukraine
- In 2018, “a chartered Tupolev-154 jetliner” reportedly flew from Kazakhstan to Switzerland, “loaded up” with “antiques, jewelry, works of art and other cargo”.
- Justice Rendered: The final confiscation of properties and business enterprises of Gianfranco Becchina has been confirmed.
- Justice rendered in the attempted theft of Claude Monet's De Voorzaan en de Westerhem from the Zaans Museum
- Save the Date/Call for Presenters: August 5-7, 2022 ARCA's 11th Annual Art Crime Conference
- Potential CITES violations and a seizure of specimens from one (of many) large hunted animals collections in Spain.
- What about the well known looted vases in the Altes Museum in Berlin?
- Against "Displacement": A Thought about Hilgert's "Culture Matters"
- 100 antiquities police officers needed, 7 on the books
- A due diligence checklist -- the starting point for a calibrated taxing system for antiquities or for a registration system
- A possible second-best solution for orphaned antiquities?
- U.S. Senators are pushing for Native American Artifact legislation -- but will it do any good?
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.